Online Cultural Awareness Training
Drawing on our experience of delivering Gypsy and Traveller Cultural Awareness training to over 700 organisations and local authorities in the United Kingdom, we have developed an online learning programme which targets the key themes and questions arising amongst service providers about Gypsies and Travellers.
The course is ideal for members of the statutory, voluntary or private sector wishing to engage or work more effectively with Gypsies and Travellers.
The course contains four modules:
- Gypsy and Traveller History and Culture;
- Challenges faced by Gypsies and Travellers;
- Positive Strategy – Accessing Services; and
- Positive Strategy – Participation.
Each module contains generalisable principles for better practice and learning opportunities about Gypsy and Traveller history, culture and more. The course can be completed in around 60 – 90 minutes and on completion, learners will receive a certificate to demonstrate their new knowledge and understanding of the Gypsy and Traveller culture and community.
- Increased knowledge of culture, traditions and history of the Gypsy and Traveller communities;
- A better understanding of diversity within the Gypsy and Traveller communities;
- Identified obstacles to access and attitudinal issues or barriers in education, health, employment, accommodation, safeguarding and other public services, that inhibit the delivery of quality provision to Gypsy and Traveller communities;
- Improved understanding of how to engage effectively with the Gypsy and Traveller communities and what can be done to ensure inclusion in the delivery of services.
The training package allows it’s users to access learning at a time and place that suits them and offers cost savings for organisations and local authorities.
You can order this cultural awareness course using the link below (including multiple licenses) from MeLearning.
For enquiries concerning multiple licenses or if you have any questions about the Course please email Me Learning.
We are also able to supply your organisation with SCORM compliant modules which will integrate seamlessly into your current Learning Management System. If you have the capacity to host the course on your own training system and would like to ask us about this, please contact FFT directly on: [email protected]