Housing Benefit for Mobile Homes

Find out how to claim housing benefits for mobile homes; whether you are on a council site, rent a mobile home or own a mobile home.


Who Can Get Housing Benefits?
  • You live on a council site
  • You rent a mobile home
  • You own a mobile home
What Can Housing Benefits Cover?
  • Site charges
  • Pitch fees
  • Mobile home rental
What Do You Need to Do?

You need to show proof of the charges you pay, like a pitch agreement.

Universal Credit
  • You can get the housing part of Universal Credit if you are working age and have a low income.
  • The amount you get depends on Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rules. This is based on the number of bedrooms and people in your home.
  • It may not cover all your rent costs.
Housing Benefit
  • You can only apply for Housing Benefit if you are of pension age.
  • If you are moving to a new pitch, you may still get Housing Benefit. You need to tell the housing benefit office at the council.

Find out more information on the Shelter website.

If you are experiencing difficulties, please contact the Friends, Families and Travellers helpline on 01273 234 777. We are open Monday to Friday10am to 4.30pm excluding bank holidays.

Correct as of March 2024.

Related Advice

Sign up to our Newsletter

Scroll to Top