With over 25 years’ experience of working with individuals from Gypsy, Traveller and nomadic communities, our Gypsy and Traveller inclusive services training will suit the needs of your organisation.
After our training you will:
- Have a better understanding of the diversity within Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities as well as cultures, traditions and histories;
- Have better understanding of the barriers which Gypsy, Roma, Traveller and nomadic people face when accessing public services across health, accommodation, justice and education as well as an improved knowledge on how to support people through these barriers;
- Be equipped with information to provide more inclusive services to Gypsy, Roma, Traveller and nomadic people.
If you are interested in learning more about any of our training packages, send us an email.
"The [Zoom training] was an excellent event, and the knowledge and lived experiences of the presenters added an extra dimension to the subject."
"I enjoyed the [digital learning] course as it was practical as well as informative. The variety of resources to demonstrate the content was interesting and kept me focussed."
"The Zoom training was a very positive introduction for someone who had very limited information on the Gypsy and Traveller communities."
"The digital learning package was a very positive introduction for someone who had very limited information on the Gypsy and Traveller communities."
Our online or in-person training provides a whistle-stop tour through the rich cultures and diverse histories across Gypsy and Traveller communities, providing context for contemporary issues. Our training also looks at barriers which Gypsies and Travellers are known to face, and stark statistics about inequalities in health, accommodation, education, hate and discrimination.
Training session (3 hours)
A tailored presentation for your organisation – including, but not limited to, the rich cultures and diverse histories of Gypsies and Travellers, barriers that individuals from Gypsy and Traveller communities face today, FAQs, and information regarding education, health, hate crime and accommodation. We will focus your presentation around the pre-training questionnaire responses that we receive, and tailor the presentation to your work subject area.
- Breakout rooms to discuss real life case studies and analyse positive and negative outcomes;
- Polls to anonymously quiz knowledge;
- Q&A session towards the end of the session, for attendees to raise unanswered questions.
Briefing session (2 hours)
This session will cover the same points as the presentation outlined above, but does not have a designated time for a Q&A at the end. If there is time for a Q&A at the end, attendees can raise any unanswered questions they may have.
Talk with Q&A (1 hour)
A presentation covering the rich history and diverse culture of Gypsies and Travellers, and barriers that the community faces today, as well as focus on your organisations’ preferred topic area
- A short Q&A of 10-15 mins will be held after the session
Our training has received a 5 star rating from attendees on trainer knowledge and usefulness of content.
After training over 700 organisations and local authorities on providing inclusive services for Gypsy and Traveller people, we developed an online programme to address key themes and answer recurring questions asked by service providers on supporting Gypsies and Travellers.
This four-module course is ideal for members of the statutory, voluntary or private sectors wishing to engage or work more effectively with Gypsies and Travellers.
On completing this course, you will have:
- An increased knowledge of culture, traditions and history of the Gypsy and Traveller communities;
- A better understanding of diversity within Gypsy and Traveller communities;
- A knowledge of the barriers which effect Gypsy and Traveller communities in accessing education, health, employment, accommodation, safeguarding and other public services;
- An improved awareness of how to engage effectively with the Gypsy and Traveller communities and what can be done to ensure inclusion in service delivery.
You can purchase this training on the MeLearning website.
You can purchase our digital learning modules for integration into the online management system used by your organisation. This is more suitable and cost effective for larger services and organisations with higher staff levels.
FFT will provide the course content in the format of SCORM 1.2 compliant zip files. The course will be hosted by your organisation’s online management system, and be available to all staff within your organisation for the period of one year.
If you have the capacity to host the course on your own training system and would like to enquire, please email [email protected] for more information.