We regularly organise half-day workshops for statutory or voluntary organisation staff wanting to engage or work more effectively with Gypsies and Travellers.
Courses are suitable for anyone interested in ensuring that their services are inclusive and accessible for the Gypsy and Traveller communities. It would be particularly useful for those who work in planning, housing and accommodation, equality, health, education, police, fire & rescue, social services and the early years.
Sessions are lively and interactive session with talk and questions and small group work and are delivered by experienced trainers and members of the Gypsy and Traveller communities. Takeaway resources and handouts provided.
- Increased knowledge of culture, traditions and history of the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities;
- A better understanding of diversity within the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities;
- Identified obstacles to access and attitudinal issues or barriers in education, health, employment, accommodation, safeguarding and other public services, that inhibit the delivery of quality provision to GRT communities;
- Improved understanding of how to engage effectively with the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller community and what they can do to address exclusion and ensure inclusion in the delivery of services;
- Established a baseline of knowledge and support that can be accessed to assist officers.
No events scheduled currently. We will be announcing dates of upcoming training sessions in the near future. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on upcoming training events.
Did you know that we now offer online Gypsy and Traveller Cultural Awareness Training? Find out more.